Friday, March 4, 2011

Carry This, Grow That


photo by Sarah K. Chen

I was inspired by this idea that I saw on www.ruffledblog.com recently and I wanted to share it with you. Carry the succulents in your bouquet then have your floral designer plant them into a pot the next day/week. The photo on the right shows the plants 2 months after being planted from the bouquet. I keep my succulents happy in the winter by placing them in a sunny, southwest facing window and in the summer they are happy out on the patio. Be careful to slowly introduce your succulents to the summer sun by putting them outside on the deck under a patio umbrella or other shaded area for a month or so, otherwise they risk sunburn, really!

ps-I did not create these beautiful designs seen above. I would love to do my own versions sometime!