Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Jennifer and Jason


Jennifer and Jason were married on a beautiful boat on Lake Minnetonka on a very warm October day. I created two bouquets for the bride. One was her choice of dark chocolate sunflowers, broom corn, orchids and bunny tail "plumes" from a grass variety.

The second bouquet was unplanned. I had some leftover flowers in my studio from a photo shoot earlier that week and wanted to use them up. I hate wasting beautiful flowers! I used baby's breath, pampas grass plumes, roses, mums, queen anne's lace and lysianthus. I asked Jenn to be my model and she was game for two designs! Love her.

Jenn's hair flower was made using a 1930's shoe clip for the center and deconstructed vandella rose petals and bunny tail inbetween which were then secured around the clip. It made for a lightweight and lovely adornment for her hair.

The reception tables were small since they were on a boat. Jenn, the creative person that she is, made 3 sided, vellum, photo luminary frames of her and Jason. We placed a 'Shocking' Oriental lily on each side with some curly willow laying on the table. Simple, striking and the inside of the boat smelled wonderful!

Now, let's dream of those warm fall days again, shall we...?
















Images from By Rebeccas Studios