Monday, August 2, 2010

Emily and Sam


Emily and Sam were married on July 31st in Red Wing, MN. Emily and Sam are captivating people. They will knock your socks off with their good looks, glowing smiles and bright wit. So I was honored when they chose me to design their flowers and to top it off, I got invited to the wedding! I have been friends with Sam's sister, Elisa, since college. They had a very intimate wedding with less than 170 people on the guest list. My husband I had a great time. We were honored to be a part of this day. I loved creating these clean lined, crisp wedding flowers. The ceremony was at the Indigo Room, and reception at the St. James Hotel, both located in downtown Red Wing. The group shots were taken at Sam's parent's historic home located just a short walk from the ceremony.




The bride carried white tulips and the maids carried all white Asiatic lilies.



The flower girls carried baskets of white rose petals and fresh mint sprigs from my garden and sprinkled them down the aisle.





I grew the wheat grass in white ceramic containers for the cocktail hour. I'm loving the dew from the watering the day before.

Thank you Studio Laguna, the "photographer du jour" for Emily and Sam, for the beautiful photos. To see more images from the wedding go to their blog link: