Monday, July 19, 2010

Elegance With A Twist Of Pink


"I like pink." This is what the bride told me on our first meeting and we decided on tone on tone pink designs. For her bouquet I used her favorite flowers: peony, dahlia and the petal-filled and sweetly scented garden roses. I also used ranunculus to give her bouquet even more texture. The stem handle was finished with a sheer, antique ribbon with delicate embroidery (from my own collection) and an antique pin which I purchased especially for the bride. It went with the beading on her dress.

The rest of the wedding party was color saturated with bright pink maids dresses and a flower girl with a sweet little stem green dress and pink sash.

One of my favorite memories of the night was the message to the guests written on the top of their menu cards: "Eat, Laugh, Dance"





Thank you to Studio Laguna for the extraordinary images
of my designs, seen above, I love them!

And then there was the reception. The bride and I combined both of our collections of green, pink and clear glassware to create a beautiful mix of soft, sparkling designs. Each table was different. I couldn't resist showing you many of the photos I took on Saturday. Some of the other flowers I used in these photos, besides the bride's favorites, were: sweet pea, hydrangea, tea roses, spray roses, stock and green viburnum blooms.
















The pretty cake was made by Buttercream


Congratulations Elizabeth and Scott! I absolutely loved designing your wedding flowers!
Thank You!