Thursday, October 29, 2009

Luxurious Scent=Heavenly Day





Kari and Joey's wedding was decked out in blues and purples. Wedding flowers are wonderful when they look great, but they are even more memorable and fabulous if you choose flowers with a scent you adore. Kari and her maids held bouquets of roses, hyacinth and stock. Other flowers that smell great: fresia, gardenia, lily of the valley, some oriental lily varieties and stephanotis. The bride and groom chose a unique theme for their wedding, Skylines... each of the guest tables were named after famous buildings from around the major US cities. The ceremony was at Central Lutheran in Minneapolis and the reception was on the 50th floor of the IDS tower. (cool thing I remember: I watched Obama's motorcade pull into the Target Center as I set up their flowers on the 50th floor, quite the view!) back to business--I wanted the flower arrangements to reflect both Kari's divine dress and the skyline theme. The placecard table had a series of 10 rectangle vases with orchids and blue LED lights to minic a skyline. Kari's amazing dress was purchased at Grace Bridal Boutique in Excelsior. I have blogged about this wedding before, but Kari sent me these great photos and I had to show you more of their beautiful day. Thank you to www.imagesbykris.com for the beautiful photos.